Friday, August 8, 2008

Ten day countdown

It is August 7th today, which makes these my final 10 days in Minnesota with my friends and family. To commemorate, here is a top ten list of things I will miss:

-afternoons on the boat (which I just came inside from)
-grapefruit
-my bed
-Christmas
-blending in
-running through my paths
-friends/family/cats
-fresh vegetables (I assume)
-new books/movies/music
-my homes in Maple Grove and Northfield

Ten days makes it real. I feel like I am under so much internal pressure to make every moment count-It is exhausting! I have all of my stuff in a giant pile in the living room, and I am tying up loose ends with the bank, the library, and friends. I keep waking up incredibly early with lists of things in my head. I have a new to-do: learn Russian! The PC just sent me a link with language lessons available. Just one of many things. Also, they gave me an address for two first 2 months I am gone (before November 8, 2008). Letters take 2 weeks.

Peace Corps Kazakhstan
P.O. Box 257
Almaty 050022
Kazakhstan
ATTN:

Корпус Мира Казахстан
а/я 257
050022 Алматы
Казахстан

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Trust me, as a Kaz 11 RPCV, I can state with absolute certainty that you will have fresh vegetables in Kazakhstan, organically grown, with no preservatives.

Have fun.