So... I am temporarily in America. I was medically evacuated 10 days ago, and am currently in Washington DC. I got to see my family--my mom, dad, and sister flew here and we toured the sites together. It is unreal being here. I feel so lucky in some respects that I got this little glimpse at my family again, even though it is under these circumstances and I have been a little stressed during our time together. In Kazakhstan I kept having this "crazy" dream that I got to go to the US for a weekend and it was "no big deal" because I got to hang out with my family, drink coffee, and read the newspaper. So... I am psychic. Because that's basically what happened here. I mean, it was/is a big deal. I am in America. That's a pretty big deal. I am halfway across the world from my latest "home" and still half a country away from my original "home". I am soaking in some American culture after resisting it at first. This is a little too much sometimes. There are so many options, and a lot of people (not everyone--there are a lot of international people here) speaks English. I have enjoyed the grapefruit, mango, coffee, Thai food, and cereal. I am caught up with The Office, and still working on Grey's. I bought a couple books, and went to a church service with my parents.
So.... why am I here? That's a damn good question. It's almost too unreal to be true--but that's life, I guess. I lost like 3 pounds in Kazakhstan, and some of my bloodwork done in Almaty had some unusual levels in it. So I am here, in America. I didn't ASK to come, and in fact, I cried a lot when they told me I would be coming here. HOWEVER, I am healthy! As far as I know everything is normal here. AND, since they TOLD me to "eat like it's your job", I have already gained an embarrassing amount of weight. I think I will eventually get to go back to Kaz. Now I am a little worried about the travelling and readjusting, and being "home"sick again. I don't want to say goodbye to my parents AGAIN. I think I will be back in Kaz in less than a month. I hope. I hope I don't forget Russian, and I hope my friends there won't forget me!
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh my dear Jessik!! YOU ARE NOT FORGOTTEN!!! I miss you lots and lots here! In fact, I just purchased a great necklace with matching earrings and immediately thought of texting you...only to remember you are not in Kaz! Can't wait for your return!!! Miss you!!
oh no! I hope you feel better and come back soon!
you're coming home. yep. i'm gonna need that to happen sooner than later. miss you!!!
Post a Comment