Hurma
There’s a new love in my life, and it’s name is hurma. It is delicious. Hurma resembles an old love—the tomato—but looks are deceiving. It tastes like another obsession—mango and papaya. Some varieties even are called by another delicacy—chocolate. All of this combines to a very unique fruit. I think they are grown in Uzbekistan. They are orange, and can be small or the size of your fist. Some of them are sweet with seeds and a dark pulp; others are juicy, seedless, and lighter in color. The most interesting variety is small, deep orange, and leaves your mouth a little chalking—not a delicious taste as much as a strange one. And, they aren’t that expensive! I can either indulge in a grapefruit (Which I have yet to do—I think I will wait for Christmas), or I can by an entire KILO of Hurma. What’s even better is that my host mom, coworker, and Bota all know that I LOVE them—so I have been getting my fill. I wish you could all taste them! Oh… I wish I had one right now. But I had one for breakfast, and I see many more in my future…
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hiya,
I love those too! Just make sure to wash the outside well!!
~Kyle
Post a Comment