Sunday, November 16, 2008
The Snow in Kazakhstan
I just took a walk on the steppe right as the sun was rising. It was so beautiful. There was a frost on the shrubs that caught the sunlight. It almost reminded me of St. Olaf. I could almost see the wind turbine. The snow here is maybe more beautiful than at home. I think I might just be looking more the beauty because i know the snow will be here so long. But, I have never noticed the way the snow catches the light as I did this morning. I stepped along the steppe as I did as a little kid--trying to walk without letting my feet break the snow. It was great. Sometimes I think I will make it through the winter here. Then I return home and my hands ache in pain for half an hour. Anyway, the winter will be beautiful, even if I have to look at it from inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Himalyan mountaineering mittens are on their way to you and not a moment too soon from the sounds of it. Keep warm dear one! Mom
Post a Comment