Sunday, November 9, 2008

True friendship is banya-ing together

I just wanted to quickly add that I tried a banya. My friends at home would be shocked to hear it. I think public nudity has been a fear of mine for the last 15 years. I am one of those people that have nightmares of going to school without clothing on.

A banya is a sauna, with the addition of a bundle of leaves that you hit each other with. Christina had some of us over to her house to use her family's banya. We thought we would be banyaing with her family... but it ended up just three American PC volunteers. It took us a couple minutes, but we did it. I faced that fear. That is true friendship. If you can pee outside together behind a bus, and if you can describe all sorts of bathroom problems, and discuss all the gossip of the group together, then I guess you can naked banya together.

2 comments:

Liv said...

Jessie dear, I love and miss you! Remember our first couple days in Tokyo? Banya-ing reminds me of that. I think you've grown a lot since then and I would love to hear from you again.

Christina said...

Jessica Jane -- I miss you! We are friends! Nothing bonds friends more than banya-ing!